Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Project Closet v.1 part 2 (The GUI)

The next category of this project is the GUI. The idea, begging simple, is that since there are only 4 trays in the storage system, there should be 4 buttons in the form of pictures of the items in the box.
This will require a Pi camera to be added somewhere around the tray facing the entrance of the box, we will work on this in the future as well. As for the GUI, I have began with absolutely no knowledge of how to build this using python (or any other language). I search around and found a library known as Tkinter. Over the past two days I have been teaching myself how to use this library and I believe it is going quite well. Below is the code i have so far:
I may not have the most refined and efficient code at the moment, but what this creates is a good start. Here is a shot:
so overall, it is simple but a good start and close to what I need as a MVP (minimum viable product.)
Stay Tuned for more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment